Child-Centered Marriages…The New Normal?
Indications of a Child-Centered Marriage
- You won’t go on a date night because your kids may miss you too much.
- You often respond to your child’s requests for things before (and instead of) your partner’s needs.
- You spend more free time with your children than your spouse.
- All vacations and time away include the children.
- Your child is privy to or part of important, adult conversations including topics such as finances, in-laws, and extended family issues.
- Nearly all leisure time and activities include the children.
- Children often sleep in bed with you.
- You can’t seem to close or lock your bedroom door at night, for fear of making the children feel rejected.
5 Strategies to Create a More Couple-Centered Marriage